Frequently Asked Questions About Hair Replacements and Extensions
Do You ‘Make And Repair’ Hair Replacements For Men And Women?
Yes, we do create individual custom hair replacement designs, and also provide an extensive ‘in house repair service’ for all of our hair replacement clients. Linda owned several Hair Replacement Studios in Cleveland & Los Angeles, before opening here in Albuquerque, where she specialized not only in medical hair replacement, but also doing hair piece creations & repairs for film sets. Linda has helped both men and women suffering from Alopecia, Trichotillomania and Male Pattern Baldness achieve their hair restoration goals, and there is always a solution to each hair loss situation. Linda was surprised that she had a lot of hair replacement and hairpiece business not only servicing men and women, but how many children also suffered from hair loss issues.
Is Experience Important When Choosing A Hair Replacement Artist?
- Absolutely! I have been working with hair replacements, hair extensions, and hand made wigs since I started helping in my grandma’s hair replacement Shoppe at 8 years old. I had a lot of fun sorting hair, learning to do hair piece repairs, picking and matching colors, and yes…I did practice on my dolls!
- There are many attachment systems, numerous hair blends, qualities and mixtures of hair types; base systems, different types of base material, and not one system design or attachment system could possibly be the best choice for all. I specialize in CUSTOM!! If you are used to a stock unit, we can discuss…I will work with you on every level, to make your choice work for you!
- There is no real certification required that limits anyone from doing hair replacement, it pays to be prudent when choosing your hair replacement specialist. It is wise to ask how many YEARS have they been doing hair replacements, have they ever made a hairpiece, can they do a ventilation hair add, or do your base repair if needed?
- I KNOW which base system & design works the best for each individual hair replacement situation. I also know which systems will last the longest and be the most conducive to a repair. I know which hair blend will look the most realistic for which client, and I know how to design each hair replacement system for the best result long-term for my clients.
What Type Of Human Hair Replacement ‘Hair’ Is The Best Choice For Me?
- The quality of the hair used for your personal hair replacement, is critical to the realism and longevity of any and every hair addition service
- When it comes to hair replacements, be sure the hair you are getting is top quality hair…you will appreciate the REALISM and longevity of your choice by having your hair custom blended and matched perfectly.
- e use only the absolute best hair available today, I buy hair direct from the same premium quality importers my family has been using for years.
- You can be assured, I custom blend the hair to match your texture, color, wave, highlighting, and whatever else you need to create a perfect match to your existing hair, to ensure the maximum visual realism available today.
- We will show you samples of our blending hair, Blue String Italian, Virgin Russian, Silky European blends, and ‘Premium’ Remy hair. You can see for yourself, we use the best imported hair available today, only the BEST for our clients!
The bitterness of “poor quality” is remembered long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten…especially when it comes to hair replacement, there are no effective shortcuts.
What Type of Hair Replacement ‘Attachment Method’ Would Be Best For My Situation?
- We have numerous options for your hair replacement attachment choice. During your complimentary consultation, we will thoroughly evaluate your lifestyle, the amount of hair needed to be added, and discuss everything in depth with you to decide together what would work best for you.
- During your consultation, we will critique the health of your existing hair, explain the different attachment systems available, and discuss with you which attachment system we feel would work best for maintaining the health of your existing hair, and give you the best and most realistic hold.
What Maintenance Is Typically Required For Hair Replacement Systems?
Again…you have choices. If you choose a removable hair replacement system, I will teach you how to change out your system and re-attach it. If you would prefer a permanent attachment system, I will schedule you to come in once a month for your retightening-reattach-cleaning appointment.
How Do You Determine The Cost Of Hair Replacements For Each Individual Client?
- I give you many options. The investment for your hair replacement can vary greatly from client to client because each hair replacement situation is a truly a custom service. There are many options to be considered:
- The type & quality of base material you choose, the longevity & repair capabilities of your hair replacement will vary greatly depending on this choice.
- How long you want your hair replacement to last, some construction designs are much stronger than others.
- The quality of hair blend you choose, there are many grades, qualities and blends of hair…some much superior than others.
- If you want a hair replacement that is able to be repaired in house, Linda has done many hair replacement and hair piece repairs. Non custom hair replacements (stock pieces) are usually too fragile and cheaply made to be effectively repairable or hold a hair add effectively.
- If you want a removable-replaceable front system, to keep your unit looking fresh at all times.
For the most accurate answer to any question, schedule a complimentary consultation with Linda.
How Important Is The Condition of My Existing Hair When Considering Hair Replacement?
Hair replacement is just that…it is meant to REPLACE or add hair to a minimal hair situation, so the condition of your existing hair is not as critical as you may think.
Do You Add Hair-Ventilate, Or Repair Hair Replacements-Hairpieces That You Did Not Create?
Yes, as long as the base is not so deteriorated or fragile it can not really take the repair process, if your hair replacement unit is a custom made replacement it should be repairable. If your unit was a stock or generic piece, it may be too flimsy to effectively repair. We do not charge for consultations, feel free to bring in your current hair replacement and we can discuss your repair needs.
Do You Have Private Rooms For Your Hair Replacement Clients And Consultations?
Yes…Absolute discretion & privacy concerns are observed at all times!
Do You Have Photos of Your Own Work?
Yes…The walls of PonyExpressCustomHair, Hair Replacement Studio are covered with before and after photos of Linda’s own clients, clients from Cleveland, Los Angeles, Albuquerque, and Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Frequently Asked Questions, Long Hair Extensions
What Type Of Hair Extension ‘Hair’ Is The Best Choice For Me?
The quality of the hair used for your personal hair extensions, is critical to the realism and longevity of any and every hair addition service. When it comes to hair extensions, be sure the hair you are getting is top quality hair. The bitterness of “poor quality” is remembered long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten.
We use only the absolute best hair available today, direct from the same importers Linda’s family has been using for years. We custom blend the hair to match your texture, color, wave, highlighting, and whatever else you need to create a perfect match to your existing hair, to ensure the maximum visual realism available today. We will show you samples of our Blue String Italian, Virgin Russian, Silky European blends, and ‘Premium’ Remy hair. You can see for yourself, we use the best imported hair available today, only the BEST for our clients!
What Type Of Hair Extension Attachment Method Would Be Best For My Hair?
Although Linda can provide you with any and every attachment system available, we are not in full agreement with every claim that certain systems do not damage your existing hair. During your consultation, we will critique the health of your existing hair. Linda will explain the different attachment systems available, and also discuss with you which attachment system she feels would work best for your situation, while also maintaining the health of your existing hair.
What Maintenance Is Typically Required For Continued Hair Extension Applications?
Hair Extension removal and re-attachment is recommended approximately every 6-12 weeks, depending on the attachment system used, and the amount and weight of the hair extensions applied. The reattachment appointment also gives Linda the chance to check your extensions to see if they need a re-moisturizing protein application to keep your hair in premium shape.
Your re-attachment schedule also depends on how well your extensions are taken care of by you, the growth rate of your hair, and the current health and condition of your existing hair.
How Do You Determine The Cost Of Hair Extensions For The Client?
The investment for your hair extensions can vary greatly from client to client, because each hair extension situation is a truly a custom service. There are many options to be considered, first and foremost, the QUALITY of the hair you choose, also: the length of hair being added, the degree of volume required, if dimensional color is desired, or special needs applications or requests.
For the most accurate answer, based upon your natural hair and desired result, schedule a consultation with Linda.
What Continuous Care Is Required For ‘Long’ Hair Extensions?
Long hair takes more time to create and care for than short hair. I have had long hair my entire life, extra time is needed for shampooing, conditioning (especially deep conditioners), combing, de-tangling, styling, air drying or blow drying, etc. With long extensions, you will need to put in the extra time needed for longer hair, this is a commitment you need to make before getting long hair extensions.
Can You Afford Quality Hair Extensions?
Quality hair extensions are not cheap. When it comes to hair extensions, you do get what you pay for. For example, if you or your stylist purchases cheaper quality hair, especially the kind that has been over processed, then after just a few shampoos, your hair will become a giant tangled mess. Our service charge is for the preparation of your hair for the service, the hair, the application of extensions, cutting and style. Additional products may need to be purchased to maintain your new look. Keep in mind that some methods of hair extensions require you to purchase and use special shampoos, conditioners, appliances, etc. There are also regular maintenance appointments with your hair extension specialist to consider.
How Long Is The Typical Time Frame For Long Hair Extension Applications?
Some hair extension attachment methods are more time consuming than others. Attachment time will begin at about 2-3 hours and up. Your stylist is giving up her regular clients during this time, so you have to expect to pay fairly for this time.
Do You Provide A Special Care Sheet With Instructions On How To Care For New Hair Extensions Properly?
Absolutely! When you are sick and you go to your doctor for help, do you follow the directions that the doctor gives you? Your hair extension specialist is sort of like a doctor, maybe a long hair style doctor, and you will receive specific instructions on how to take care of your extensions. You must follow these directions to the letter, not only for your best results, but also for the longevity of your extensions. We have heard countless stories of women or men getting hair extensions and complaining about them falling out, tangling, etc. only to find out later that they did not follow any of the instructions that the hair extension specialist gave them. Good hair extension results don’t just happen. They require a lot of work, not only from your hair extension specialist, but also from you.
How Important Is The Condition Of My Existing Hair When Considering Hair Extensions?
If your hair is in very bad shape, damaged, breaking, thinning, etc. then it may not be a very good idea to get hair extensions, a quality hair replacement designed and created by Linda may be a better choice. Some attachment systems need a stronger root base for attachment on the existing hair than others, also the amount of hair you need to add must be considered. A good test that you can do at home is the strand test. Take a single strand of your hair and gradually pull on it. If it comes out right away, with almost no pulling, then your hair will not be able to support heavy or extra long hair extensions. If it takes a fair amount of pulling, then your hair might be okay. A stylist that doesn’t consider the health of your natural hair and scalp before attaching hair extensions is not really concerned about you, and may be only interested in the sales revenue that you will provide.
PonyExpressCustomHair is an ETHICAL hair replacement salon/studio, what is best for YOU, is what we will suggest. Avoid the horror stories of many hair extension victims, i.e. “My natural hair is falling out along with the hair extensions leaving major bald spots on my scalp”. Do not skimp or go for the cheapest or quickest fix when it comes to your crowning glory…your hair!
Schedule a Free Consultation with Linda at Pony Express Custom Hair
Our consultations are free of charge, schedule your appointment with Linda, to find out if you are a good candidate for your hair extension/hair addition service.
Directions and Map to Pony Express Custom Hair
Schedule a Consultation with Linda
Use the Mobile Web App for Real Time Driving Directions to Pony Express Custom Hair
Note if you’ve never been to Pony Express Custom Hair we recommend that you use our Mobile Web App to help guide you. Just visit https://www.ponyexpresscustomhair.com and the mobile web app will automatically be displayed for you which will allow you to get a map and real time driving directions.