Information, Solutions, and Hair Replacement Options for Women, Men, Teens, and Children Suffering from Alopecia Hair Loss & Balding
At PonyExpressCUSTOMHair in Albuquerque, the owner, Linda, specializes in Hair Replacement solutions for anyone suffering from the effects of Alopecia.
Linda understands Alopecia is a very specific type of hair loss. Pony Express has been specializing in creating the best custom Hair Replacements, Hair Pieces, Hair Extensions and Wigs for this type of hair loss in Albuquerque, Cleveland, Los Angeles and NYC for over 30 years.
At PonyExpressCUSTOMHair, we offer many different hair replacement options for clients who no longer want Alopecia (see the different types of Alopecia listed below) to affect or control their lifestyle choices or their appearance.
Throughout the 1980’s, while working in her Cleveland Hair Replacement Studios, Linda did extensive work with many different Alopecia hair loss patients who were referred to her from all the top Cleveland Medical & Cancer centers.
At PonyExpressCUSTOMHair, we offer you complimentary, private consultations, at our Albuquerque Hair Replacement Studio, located in Hoffmantown.
During your consultation, we will review with you what we feel will be the best Alopecia hair option for you personally, based upon your hair type, texture, budget needs, and the extent & specific areas of your hair loss.
We are proud to inform you, at PonyExpressCUSTOMHair we only offer you the finest in Hair Replacement. All of our replacement hair is premium (cuticle intact) Virgin European, Blue String Italian, Silky Russian and Brazilian blends, also in certain situations, Remy and Indian Temple hair may also used. Linda blends your replacement hair herself…to ensure a superior, perfect, personalized result for each and every client…including you!
TYPES OF ALOPECIA:
Alopecia is a kind of disease where the autoimmune system of the body attacks the new cells forming in the hair follicles by mistake. Its main characteristic is hair loss that is sudden and random, as well as recurrent in some cases. Alopecia affects both men and women, regardless of age. There are different kinds of Alopecia; the variation depends on where the disease occurs in the body, as well as its probable causes.
The different kinds of Alopecia are as follows:
- Androgenetic Alopecia, is also known as male pattern baldness. This type of Alopecia can also affect women, and is the type of Alopecia that is considered hereditary. In Androgenetic Alopecia, the hair on the scalp turns nearly transparent before falling out.
- Alopecia Areata is a kind of Alopecia that refers to hair loss that occurs in rounded patches. These patches can appear anywhere on the scalp or body.
- Alopecia Barbae happens only with men, it is the loss of hair on the beard area.
- Alopecia Mucinosa happens when the hair loss is accompanied by the appearance of scaly patches on the skin.
- Alopecia Totalis refers to the loss of hair on the scalp, as the name suggests, Alopecia Totalis is total baldness.
- Alopecia Universalis is a kind of Alopecia where the affected person loses all the hair on his or her entire body.
- Scarring Alopecia happens when the hair shedding leaves the skin scarred and or marred looking.
- Traction Alopecia is when a person is prone to pulling too much at his or her hair due to styling perhaps or personal habits, and hair pulling. This excessive pulling can discourage the traumatized hair follicles to stop developing new cells for new hair. The shedding that occurs as a result is called Traction Alopecia.
- Anagen Effluvium is a form of medical hair loss that is commonly associated with chemotherapy, or a result of taking certain kinds of medication. In Anagen Effluvium, the hair falls off in uneven patches, although it usually grows back as soon as the chemotherapy or the consumption of certain drugs has ended.
- Telogen Effluvium is also called temporary hair loss. It happens when the amount of hair being shed is more than normal and the hair is visibly thinning.
There can be varying causes for each of the above listed and different kinds of Alopecia…and we have no doubt we can help you find the solution you are looking for!
Do not suffer from Alopecia any longer, Contact Linda, at the top Albuquerque Alopecia Hair Replacement Salon & Studio right now! Insert Email Link
*All Photos & Artwork Property of PonyExpressCUSTOMHair
Directions and Map to Pony Express Custom Hair